AICOE Board of Directors
- AICOE Board of Directors
- Thomas CowanAssociate Director | Columbia University Center for Technology ManagementRidgefield, CTThomas CowanAssociate Director | Columbia University Center for Technology Management
Thomas Cowan now makes his home at Columbia University. This follows the first half of his career at IBM and the second half building software companies.
Tom rose through the leadership ranks to become CEO, Board Director, and Chairman of ten companies and boards of directors, including public, private, non-profit, and academic organizations.
Today, Tom’s focus is on the digitization of our society, artificial intelligence, and the paths forward.
He has served on many boards, including OutlookSoft, Tivoli, Tagetik, PGA.com, and NHL.com. He has chaired audit, compensation, governance, and nominating committees. Tom has also been Executive in Residence at RockRidge Capital Partners.
Tom is currently Associate Director of the Center for Technology Management and on the faculty at Columbia University. He also serves as board director and chairman for several technology companies and is an advisor to investment firms and technology CEOs.
His latest book, published in October 2018, is Leading in the Digital Age: Disruption, Transformation, Data, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence. Tom's academic background includes undergraduate work at Wake Forest University, an MBA from the University of South Carolina, and doctoral studies at Columbia University.
- Robert BedardCEO | Founder
My career has centered on building market-changing products, services, and businesses based on opportunities to gain competitive advantages through the application of emerging information technologies.
As an early pioneer in the world of electronic commerce, the business models I developed have contributed to the way companies and consumers do business today. The commercial solutions I have brought to market have helped thousands of Fortune-ranked to middle customers realize competitive advantage..
Specialties: Commercializing emerging Information Technologies in the areas of Corporate Planning, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, and Business Intelligence
- Nicholas DonofrioIBM Fellow Emeritus; IBM Executive Vice President Innovation and TechnologyNew York, NYNicholas DonofrioIBM Fellow Emeritus; IBM Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology
Nicholas Donofrio earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1967 and a Master of Science in the same discipline from Syracuse University in 1971. In 1999 he was awarded an honorary doctorate in Engineering from Polytechnic University, in 2002 he received an honorary doctorate in Sciences from the University of Warwick in England, in 2005 he was awarded an honorary doctorate in Technology from Marist College and in 2006 he received an honorary doctorate in Sciences from the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.
- Brain Trust
- Web Design
- Craig DeBonoConsultant
- Colin GarveyColin is a PhD Candidate at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute focused on Risk Governance in Artificial IntelligenceColin GarveyColin is a PhD Candidate at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute focused on Risk Governance in Artificial Intelligence
- Pindaro DemertzoglouPindaro is a Lecturer and Academic Director of the M.S. Business Analytics Program at RPIPindaro DemertzoglouPindaro is a Lecturer and Academic Director of the M.S. Business Analytics Program at RPI
- Sarah SmithManager of Creative + Visual Content
Sarah Smith is an award winning and internationally published photographer and artist.
My approach to my work stems from 20 years of work in visual art. I strive to create unique & artistic concepts and pieces that not only showcase my personal style but also that of my clients creating a fingerprint of our creative exchange.
I adore the challenges that each project brings and working to creatively approach each project with an artistic eye.